All writers of children’s stories aged 18+ are invited to enter the 2020 StoryLinks Short Story competition
This competition has now closed.
Entries should be a short story, maximum of 1000 words, suitable for children of any age up to 15 years old.
Due date for entries is Monday, 16 March 2020.
The shortlist of three will be announced Monday, 23 March 2020.
The winner will be announced at the annual Narelle Oliver Children’s Literature Lecture on Thursday evening, April 2 2020.
The winner will receive $250.00 and their story will be published in StoryLinks.
2019 The Microscope by Genevieve Young
2018 Tuck Shop Takeover by Combat Dad by Debbie Smith
Terms and conditions of entry:
- Entrants must be over 18 years of age and include their email address and phone number.
- All entrants must be subscribers to the StoryLinks website. Subscribe here .
- Contestants may enter only once.
- Maximum number of words 1000 words.
- Submissions should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- All entries must be submitted as an email attachment word document.
- The email (not the submission) should list: Name of author, Title/s of entry, Word count/s Contact Details, & email address.
- Each page should be numbered with the title in a header. Author details must not appear on these pages.
- Entries should be in Times New Roman at 12 point double spaced.
- Entries should not have won any other competition at the time of entry and should not have been published in any form.
- Entries must be the original work of the author and submission acknowledges that information relating to this competition has been read, that it is understood, and all conditions are met.
- Entries that have been submitted to this competition previously should not be resubmitted.
- The judge/s reserve the right to not award prize money if none of the entries fulfill all set criteria, and/or do not meet the quality sought by the judging panel.
- Competition opens Tuesday 7 January 2020 and closes midnight Monday 16 March 2020.
- Copyright remains with the author with first publication rights to StoryLinks.
- Failure to abide by the rules will result in an entry being rejected.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.