Children in Grades 4, 5 and 6 are invited to write a short story of between 1000 and 1500 words – on any subject.
The winner will receive $100 and have their story published on the StoryLinks website.
Entries due by 9 OCTOBER 2020
Shortlist announced 19 OCTOBER 2020
Winner announced 1 NOVEMBER
The winner will be announced at 3 pm on Sunday 1 November during Australia Reads at a free public session online via ZOOM.
The best stories entered will be read aloud and everyone, you and your friends can register to listen in to this online ZOOM event.
TO ENTER THE COMPETITION
SEND YOUR STORIES VIA EMAIL TO firstname.lastname@example.org
- CONDITIONS OF ENTRY:
It must be fiction and all your own work.
Include your name, address, age, school/home school, email address and phone number.
The competition is open to all children living in Australia.
Note: all entries will be checked for plagiarism.
Enquiries: email email@example.com
- All entries must be submitted as an email attachment word document.
- The email (not the submission) should list: Name of author, Title/s of entry, Word count/s Contact Details, & email address.
- Each page should be numbered with the title in a header. Author details must not appear on these pages.
- Entries should be in Times New Roman at 12 point double spaced.
- Entries should not have won any other competition at the time of entry and should not have been published in any form.
- Entries must be the original work of the author and submission acknowledges that information relating to this competition has been read, that it is understood, and all conditions are met.
- Entries that have been submitted to this competition previously should not be resubmitted.
- The judge/s reserve the right to not award prize money if none of the entries fulfill all set criteria, and/or do not meet the quality sought by the judging panel.
- Competition closes midnight 9, October, 2020.
- Copyright remains with the author with first publication rights to StoryLinks.
- Failure to abide by the rules will result in an entry being rejected.
- The judges’ decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into